Friday, November 21, 2008

Teaching and Learning


As I prepare a lesson plan for my one and only student who comes every Friday afternoon, I find that I am the one who is really learning. I am mostly a  self taught artist and as I try out the lessons before I teach, I find there are a lot of ah-ha moments for me.  Today's lesson is on contour drawing which I always enjoy practicing.  An old mini singer sewing machine turned out to be a good subject. 

What is Art For?   an article by Daniel B. Smith on last Sunday's New York times Magazine section has to wait until  later today. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I finally get to see your work. Wonderful sketches/paintings. Particularly loved "Buffalo Journey". Look forward to seeing more.

Meera Rao said...

Thanks - "Buffalo Journey" seems to be a favorite :) Its been fun to share.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...