Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A New Adventure




Finally I have decided to post. I have been very hesitant and feeling very unqualified to do a blog. I saw an exhibit by Botero at the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art last week and realised I only have to answer to myself.

Right now I am especially pleased with my little show at the local public library which generously offers a wall to an artist a month. That has been my primary showcase motivating me to draw and paint so I will have all new pieces for each show every year. For this year's show the focus turned out to be on India - scenes from our various trips and on mandala creation. The Buddhist monks visit our area once a year and I am reminded once again of beauty and impermanence of the world around us. I paint mostly in watercolors and color pencils, often mix the two and my subjects are varied - anything that catches my fancy. This time I experimented with using Masa paper for my paintings on scenes from India giving them a batik look.

8 comments:

thiliMy said...

a terrific new adventure! very proud of you and will be watching this blog eagerly <3

Meera Rao said...

Thank you --I am looking forward to sharing my art.

sanjeev joshi said...

I find similarities in our approch to art!
I liked your pencil drawings.The sketch of sewing machine is lovely.
I also started a blog very recently and hesitantly.I am also self taught artist,if one may call so!My blog is architectpainterjoshi.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

A terrific website Meera ! Congratulations and we surely will be checking this regularly ! Wonderful paintings !

Meera Rao said...

thanks so much for your comments-- Its been fun to share my art. I am glad I finally took that plunge.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful site Meera!!! Beautiful Paintings!! I hope you keep posting more new paintings so that we can all Enjoy.

Meera Rao said...

Thank you for your support and encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Good Job Meerakka! Congrats! Looks like you have added qute a few new ones. Can't wait to see what more u have in store!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...