Sunday, May 29, 2016

Water for Today

Water for Today watercolor and ink by Meera Rao
India Art Journal 2015


When you see water in a stream
you say: oh, this is stream
water; 
When you see water in the river
you say: oh, this is water
of the river; 
When you see ocean
water
you say: This is the ocean's
water! 
But actually water is always
only itself
and does not belong
to any of these containers
though it creates them.
And so it is with you. 

Alice Walker

Water for Today 5.5x8" watercolor and ink on 140 lb Strathmore visual Journal

11 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Meera, the colour is soo vivid and beautiful. The quoted poem is very lovely and thoughtful. It sounds philosophy. Keep up your work, Meera!! Best wishes, Sadami

padmaja said...

The painting is stunning Meera! Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem as well. I have always wanted to paint these plastic colorful pots hanging from bicycles!

Paula Guhin said...

Meera, May I use your "Ignorance" mixed media piece on my blog? Blue is my topic this week and I love that one! Thanks for following me, too, and please let me know if you don't want it shown by me.
Paula Guhin, mixedmediamanic

Paula Guhin said...

Not sure if my first request got through..okay to use an image of your work? I'll take it down if you want. Thanks,
Paula Guhin

Meera Rao said...

@Paula, Thank you. As long as you have my name and website sighted with the painting -it should be ok :) I appreciate your shout out.

Meera Rao said...

Sadami, Thank you so very much ! Glad you liked the painting and the poem :)

Meera Rao said...

Padmaja, Thank you! I too have another one -plastic pots on a bicycle to paint :)

Linda said...

Beautiful, Meera! You are very talented. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Linda, you are very kind! I am touched :)

JANE MINTER said...

beautiful sketch Meera

Anonymous said...

Appreciation to my father who stated to me about this web site, this website is in fact awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...