Monday, August 5, 2013

Creative Solutions

2013India sketch Journal Page 11 by Meera Rao
One of the most interesting things to observe while on the road is how and what things get transported ! People use all modes -carrying by hand,  loads on head, on motorcycle, bicycles, bullock carts, 'lorries', trucks, auto rickshaws and anything else with wheels ! They get very creative as to how something/anything is transported from one point to another.  Here is one from last year's sketch book. And another

2013 India sketch journal June 27 by Meera Rao
I never cease to be amazed as to what I see transported in auto rickshaws and the clever ways it gets loaded and carried.  I caught this one carrying a ladder slipped and resting on the handle of the side view mirror on one end and being held by the passenger on the other end. 

2013 India sketch journal June 28 by Meera Rao

Motorcycles and scooters are affordable for most people and those vehicles get a good workout. Most common are where  whole families- father, mother, two kids can be seen traveling happily :) - one kid in front of father the driver and the other on mother's lap both riding sideways -not mounted on the seat ! I chuckle when I see someone carrying a huge desk top computer or old version TV. This guy was carrying two enormous gunny sacks full of cauliflower balanced precariously.   

I am way behind in posting  and don't see myself catching up anytime soon. I somehow manage to sketch something everyday. They are never perfect and am learning to accept whatever I sketch.  But I relish the fact that I am sketching and practicing each day despite the hectic schedule here in India.  

16 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, very caring Meera,
Wonderful sketches and an interesting post! (*amazing, a Japanese word, rikisha was imported into India?!). Please put your life first.
Best wishes, Sadami

padmaja said...

Too good! I have done this type of riding myself(carrying a big cane chair protruding out and making me flinch in the traffic) , but never thought of this title!Look fwd to more!

Introverted Art said...

I love your sketches on everyday life. They take me to your surroundings. Like watching life through your eyes.

Bob and Kay's Adventures said...

Hi Meera, India is on my bucket list. I get to go there, vicariously, through your journal. Thanks for the mini vacation. Kay

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Sadami! yes, it originated in Japan :) but rikshas are everywhere in Asia now !

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Padmaja! Cane chair in a riksha -That would indeed make a wonderful scene to paint :) wish I had seen it!

Meera Rao said...

@ntroverted art, thank you very much!Sketching has helped me see the world around with fresh eyes thing! and appreciate the beauty in every

Meera Rao said...

kay, I think with your adventurous spirit, I think you will have a ball here in India :)I am very happy to share my days here in India.

irinapictures said...

Amazing life journal, so well illustrated and so many interesting details. Creative solutions!

Haddock said...

Oh yes the possibilities are many if one has the patience to stand at the kerb and observe.
Wonderful drawings. Hope you make more like these.

JANE MINTER said...

a feast for the eyes and to sketch ...great sketches meera hope to see more soon .

ashok said...

brilliant sketches Meera

Meera Rao said...

Thank you, Irina, happy you like my sketch book :)

Meera Rao said...

Thanks HaddocK! --I find that I am getting more choosey these days :)

Meera Rao said...

Jane, Thank you! appreciate your comments!

Meera Rao said...

Ashok, thank you very much! You made my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...