Thursday, December 9, 2021

That Eventful Night

That Eventful Night  watercolor, pen and ink 5.5x3.5” by Meera Rao 

That night in July 2020 when the confederate monument in the neighboring town Portsmouth, Va came down, I sat glued to the TV.  I did a small sketch with a pen as I watched the events unfold. A huge crowd gathered around the monument with their cell phones in hand recording the historic event. Unfortunately the statue came down on one of the people involved and gravely injured him. Almost a year later when the anniversary came about, I watercolored my sketch.  Last couple of days, issues about removing the base of a toppled Lee statue in Richmond, Va has been in the news reminded me of the sketch  tucked away in my sketchbook. 

1 comment:

ashok said...

You have captured a historic event

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...