Sunday, August 1, 2021

Sketching the Pandemic Year 2020 Week 38


Sketching the Pandemic Year 2020 Week 38 September 13-19

Real change, 
enduring change 
happens one step at a time 
~Ruth Bader Ginsburg~ 

September 18, 2020 was a tough day.  The world lost Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It came at difficult period in US history. In fact, her life and death have had a major impact. Fortunately her legacy as a legal pioneer in gender equality and many of the changes she engineered will last and shine a light to many around the globe. I was lucky to have met her in person and listen to the wise words she spoke to a small group of attorneys newly inducted to the Supreme Court Bar in 2015.  I was there as a proud parent - my son was one of the inductees.  I sketched the special occasion that day as no cameras are allowed inside. Later, I painted the scene for my son as a keepsake. Please check out that blog post here

Lin Manuel Miranda, photograph for the week in the Smithsonian Engagement Calendar 2020 needs no introduction.  I was glad to have the groundbreaking composer, playwright and actor featured on that page. 

Ruth Bader Ginsburg pencil by Meera Rao

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...