Saturday, October 5, 2013

Corner Florist

2013 India Sketch Journal July 19 Meera Rao

 
2013 India Sketch Journal July 20 Meera Rao
 
This corner florist really brightens up the dusty drab sidewalk with colorful and fragrant flowers. I was impressed by what a brisk business he had making flower bouquets and arrangements.  All he had was a bright blue tarp and a little shack with blue paint to match.  But it made for a lovely corner lifting my spirits every time I went by on my errands! I decided to sketch it on two days giving the corner and the shack its own space in my sketchbook :)

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

How sweet! It's great that you appreciate those little things like flowers to look at as you pass by. :)

padmaja said...

The flower shacks are very common seen on pavements, they always do brisk business.Loved your version Meera! But the seller has to undergo lots of hassles/harassment to set it up with out a license, that makes me feel sad because they can not afford to set up a regular shop.

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Carol! yes, the colors and fragrance of the flowers are such wonderful punctuation for a day filled with errands!

Meera Rao said...

Padmaja, thank you :) I hear the same stories from nyc street vendors too -- one has to admire their tenacity and determination to try and make a living!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...