Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Feast for the Senses

2013 India Sketch Journal  July 9 By Meera Rao 

African Tulip tree or Nandini is probably the most well represented of any image in my journals during my stay in India- the only flower or subject that I sketched more than once.  I have sketched the tree, the flower, the seed pods, and birds sitting on it enjoying its nectar! I read that nectar as well as the water that pools in the flower cup is a favorite of many birds - their refreshing tea? 

2013 India Sketch Journal  July 10 By Meera Rao 

In an effort to cut down on my coffee drinking, and reducing milk consumption, I have been enjoying 'tulsi' tea -- hot and cold.  Now that I am back in my home in USA, I use fresh tulsi leaves from the garden to make my tea and love the flavor and aroma.  Of course it was the perfect beverage to sip these past ten days as I nursed the bad cold, cough and fever - gift of the long airplane journey! I will continue to blog the rest of the sketches from my journal slowly but surely. 


2013 India Sketch Journal page 17 by Meera Rao

8 comments:

padmaja said...

Your Nandini is lovely! We have too many colors in our garden and it is hard to prevent people from leaning over the compound wall and stealing it :-)
Yes, nothing like Tulsi, even if you can chew one leaf, you will feel the difference!

Krishna/കൃഷ്ണ said...

nice paintings...

thanks

Meera Rao said...

thanks Padmaja :) yes, I see people taking flowers from yards all around -- somehow they don't have any qualms about stealing and then offering those goods at pooja!!!

Meera Rao said...

krishna, Thanks!!!

Kathy Staicer said...

I love the colors in the Nandini. The skethch of the tea bag is wonderful in its simplicity.

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Kathy:) I really enjoyed sketching them both !

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the simplicity of your thought,very natural.
Thanks Meera,
Rama

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Rama! Glad you like it! And thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment -- I really appreciate it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...