Tuesday, December 5, 2023

End of Something is the Beginning of Something Else

 



Ganesha  Mixed Media by Meera Rao

Ganesha  Mixed Media 2x2x3/4" by Meera Rao

I have been experimenting with using empty mint boxes, used up metro cards etc. in my art explorations.  Here I upcycled an empty Trader Joe's mint box into a travel altar with the image of God Ganesha using watercolor, color pens, washi tape(for the sides). The challenge was to draw a 2x2" miniature Ganesha to fit in the box and that required a few tries! In the end it was a wonderful feeling to recycle the box into a meaningful work of art. As I was starting the project, I was reminded of a quote by Fred Rogers of Children's  Educational TV shows : 

"Often when you think you are at the end of something,
You are at the beginning of something else " 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...