Monday, May 17, 2021

Sketching the Pandemic Year 2020 Week 8

Sketching the Pandemic year 2020 Week 8

So what do the Apollo Lunar Module LM-2 and an Indian Autoriksha have in common ? They both are adept in dodging craters ;)  I just made that up for this post ! 

I sketched the autoriksha because of the hanging Lord Hanuman motif.  I saw them in many rickshas  and thought the drivers must feel the need for blessings of Lord Hanuman who could leap over mountains and oceans to help them navigate the pot holes and other road obstacles ! The night time caretaker for my Dad drives an autoriksha. I ran down one early morning before he left to check if he too had an Hanuman hanging in his vehicle and he did ! The sketch of humble autoriksha against photo of the technically advanced moon lander in the Smithsonian Engagement Calendar 2020 is why now there is a joke about it ;). 

February 16-22, 2020 sketch by Meera Rao 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...