Thursday, February 7, 2019

Connections: London Days Part 4

Connections watercolor by Meera Rao 

'Red' is everywhere in London lending color to gray days. The red buses of course brighten the roads as they travel. There is a red mailbox in every neighborhood. The rows of red telephone booths in a street corners are a common sight. The black FreeWifi/telephone booths are new additions highlighting the evolution of how we connect these days.  I read that there is great controversy about this latest connectivity 'box' - is it making London into a smart city or letting a few giant companies track your movements throughout the city with the ultimate goal of monetization?  

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Meera, great post. I'm amazed at the new black connectivity box thing....what! I had not heard of this before now. This is something to be watched. Of course here in the USA we have our free wi-fi in libraries, coffee shops, etc. I dare say Americans are "well connected." I hope you are having a great weekend.

padmaja said...

Yes, I had observed the red as well when I got to enjoy the London streets!

ashok said...

remember my London trip...

Meera Rao said...

Thank you so very much Carol, Padmaja and Ashok for stopping by and leaving a comment. I treasure your support :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...