Thursday, June 18, 2009

Colorful Life

I am always inspired by the patterns and colors in nature. These hydrangeas blue, pink and in-between are all from a single plant from our backyard. I have been photographing them and admiring the nature's color palette. I am aware that alkaline soil colors it pink but its still an amazing sight to see the range in those blooms. There is also a wild species of Morning Glory snaking down the edge of our yard whose blooms are light pink to white in the morning and they turn blue later in the day. One thing I have learnt from all this that there are no absolutes and not to be afraid of experimenting with color combinations in my art.

8 comments:

cathyswatercolors said...

I see a hydrangea painting in your future!

Meera Rao said...

I guess I should :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely colors in this one.

Meera Rao said...

thanks Nikhil--I was impressed with it!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow.. wow!! Meera.. I've nearly looked thru your entire blog.. Your work is gorgeous.. & precious... Im simply amazed by your talent... Please can you write to me on torresp27@hotmail.com I'd like to post your work on my blog.. thanks so much!

Meera Rao said...

Thanks Patricia! You made my day! I went to your website and I should be the one saying Wow!!!

Beth Fox said...

Amazing! I've never see all these colors on one hydrangea! Definitely needs to be painted! Beth

Meera Rao said...

Beth, thank you! I should get to it soon --so much to paint, so little time !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...