Sunday, November 23, 2014

Time is Life

Sketchbook India 2014 panels 24, 25 26  By Meera Rao

It has been almost two months since I posted on my blog - longest absence as I mark the sixth anniversary of the blog! I had just sketched the Jaganmohan Palace Art Gallery and Performance center in Mysore when my parents came to spend a few days with me. My Mom was very pleased and proud to see my sketchbook. She would look through it again and again. It is hard to believe that she suddenly passed away on Oct 13. To quote William Hale White : 

"Whenever anybody whom we love dies, we discover that although death is commonplace it is terribly original. We may have thought about it all our lives, but when it comes close to us, it is quite a new, strange thing to us, for which we are entirely unprepared. It may, perhaps, not be the bare loss so much as the strength of the bond which is broken that is the surprise, and we are debtors in a way to death for revealing something in us which ordinary life disguises."




10 comments:

thiliMy said...

Apt quote. Glad you are posting again!

Meera Rao said...

ThiliMy, thanks! Happy that you like it :)

Carol Blackburn said...

Dear Meera, I am so sorry for you loss. It is so good that your Mother had the opportunity to look through your work and see the beautiful things you sketch and paint. I am also glad to see you posting again. My thoughts are with you.

Lisa Graham said...

Dear Meera, I am very sorry about your mother. I know how sad you must be right now. I lost my mother in July. I hope that you will cling tightly to your family at this time. I am glad you are posting your beautiful art again. It is sweet to think of your mother thumbing through your sketchbook. I miss my mom asking me what I'm painting.

Sending love.

padmaja said...

Just today I remembered you a lot for some reason. Great sketch and I am so glad your mom lived every bit of your sketch book. My condolences to you.

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Carol. so good to hear from you.

Meera Rao said...

Lisa, Thank you. I am so sorry you lost your Mom too and I now know how that feels. Hope to be better about visiting my blog friends more regularly now.

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Padmaja. She always liked my work and was proud of what I did! I will miss her unconditional support.

Sadami said...

Dear Meera, welcome back, very sorry for your mother and thank u for your brave sharing. I always think death and life are a coin's heads and tails. Both are in one and cannot be divided. Start living = start dying, I feel. If so, "live well every moment" is my answer for death. Plse take care and listen to your heart. Take your time. Kind regards, Sadami

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Sadami! yes, the only guarantee in life is that if there is birth then there is death. But it is not easy to accept it readily! Thank you very much for your kind support and loving advice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...