Friday, January 12, 2018

Leafing Through


Meera Rao
Leafing Through Photograph by Meera Rao

This month I have my art on exhibit at three different galleries: 'Sunrise In The City'  in watercolor in the Capitol Hill Art League Juried exhibition at the Hill Center Galleries in Washington DC; three of my mixed media experiments in 'Small Works and Miniatures By Tidewater Artists' at the Charles Taylor Art Center in Hampton, Va; and my photograph 'Leafing Through'  in the  Capitol Hill Art League's 'Artists' Choice'. 


Sunrise in The City  By Meera Rao  at  Hill Center Galleries, Washington DC


Sunrise in The City , watercolor By Meera Rao

I am often told "you work in different media!" which makes me wonder if I should concentrate my efforts on one medium. Over the years as I play and experiment, I feel, to quote Alfred Stieglitz " The goal of art was the vital expression of self."  For me, it is as if each piece has its own distinct personality that seeks to expresses itself through me.  And somehow each medium lends to the understanding and use of another.  Dabbling in different things keeps me unstuck and for that I am grateful.  Thats permission enough.  

Gratitude  ink on handmade paper by Meera Rao
on exhibit at Charles Taylor Art Center, Hampton Va


Last Stop (NYC Rabbit Hole) mixed media on NYC Metro card By Meera Rao
on exhibit at Charles Taylor Art Center, Hampton Va

Exuberance mixed media on photograph by Meera Rao 
on exhibit at Charles Taylor Art Center, Hampton Va


“Here’s to freedom, cheers to art. Here’s to having an excellent adventure and may the stopping never start.” 
― Jason Mraz

8 comments:

ashok said...

Awesome click of the butterfly ! And some great art works meera

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Meera, wow your work is wonderful as always. Nice to see in exhibited. You are wise not to change just to go with the flow of others. Your individuality has always served you well with your art as I am sure in your life in general. Many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot! Nice collection of art gallery!

Meera Rao said...

Thank you for your appreciation, Ashok - :)

Meera Rao said...

Carol, your words are truly encouraging --thank you for your support :)

Meera Rao said...

Thank you Jene-- appreciate your kind words :)

padmaja said...

Love the sunrise watercolor, felt so good to look at these exhibits!

Meera Rao said...

Padmaja, Thank you so very much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...